Becoming a Member
Engaging over 300 local women and men artists each year, SFWA features contemporary art and 3-D art created by SFWA artists showcased in monthly juried exhibitions. In addition, the SFWA Artist Salon offers all members the opportunity to rent Salon wall space to feature their art. The Artist Salon is a wonderful venue to highlight your work and to invite family and friends for a reception event.
SFWA is supported in part by SFWA artist members, gallery sales & program activities; fundraising events, individual donations and by grants from San Francisco Arts Commission: SF Grants for the Arts, Neighborhood Arts Collaborative, and Voluntary Arts Contribution Fund.
Membership Benefits for Artists
- Gallery Exhibits: Members are eligible to submit artwork for juried monthly shows
- 3-D Collection: Ceramics, sculpture, jewelry, cards, unframed artwork
- Exhibit in a new and attractive gallery setting that offers visibility and the abundant foot traffic of San Francisco’s vibrant Inner Sunset at 8th and Irving
- Affordable Artist Salon wall rentals and gallery space are available for individual and group shows
- Marketing & Public Relations support – Promotional materials created and distributed monthly for Opening Show Receptions/Exhibitions, and promoted on social media platforms
- Artwork and craft images displayed on SFWA website
- Opportunity to have juried image selected for monthly SFWA publicity postcard
- SFWA artist resume and art images included in SFWA Artists Book
- Opportunities to learn the gallery business; Sales and Public Relations mentoring offered
- Networking – connect with emerging and established member artists
- Receive all informational updates and mailings
- Eligible to participate in organization governance by voting in elections for Board membership
- All dues and donations are tax deductable
- Membership in the National Association of Reciprocal Museums (NARM) offering free admission to hundreds of museums nationwide
- Membership fees are not refundable.
|Exhibiting Artist - Volunteer Time||Requires 4 hours a month volunteer commitment - ( Member artist volunteers carry out the various activities of the gallery).
Annual fee: $120*
|Exhibiting Artist - No Volunteer Time||Annual fee: $360*|
|*Support SF Women Artists
|SFWA is grateful for your donation in any amount and is deeply appreciative of all contributions that will help support our programs.
Become a SFWA Patron with a minimum annual contribution of $500 and you will receive a free membership in the National Association of Reciprocal Museums (NARM). Click here to join us in our commitment to support Bay Area Women Artists.
* Annual dues amounts are effective January 1. Applications taken after July 1 are charged $60 for the remainder of the year.