Becoming a Member
SFWA is supported by gallery sales, membership fees, art classes, gallery wall rentals, and donations.
Membership Benefits for Artists
- Gallery Exhibits: Members are eligible to submit artwork for juried monthly shows
- Crafts: 6 submissions per year of ceramics, sculpture, jewelry, cards, unframed artwork
- Exhibit in a new and attractive gallery setting that offers visibility and the abundant foot traffic of San Francisco’s vibrant Inner Sunset at 8th and Irving
- Wall and area space are available for individual rental and group shows
- Discounts for art classes and workshops offered at SFWA gallery
- Marketing & Public Relations support – Promotional materials, press releases, and Postcards created and distributed monthly for Opening Show Receptions
- Individual Artist updates included in the SFWA monthly Bulletin and Facebook page.
- Artwork and craft images displayed on SFWA website
- Opportunities to submit images for selection on monthly SFWA publicity postcard
- SFWA artist resume included in SFWA Artists Book
- Opportunities to learn the gallery business; Sales and Public Relations mentoring offered
- Opportunities for Networking – connect with emerging and established member artists
- Receive all informational Bulletins and mailings.
- Eligible to participate in organization governance by voting in elections for Board membership
- All dues and donations are tax deductable
- Free membership in the National Association of Reciprocal Museums offering free admission to hundreds of museums nationwide.
|Exhibiting Artist - Volunteer Time||Requires 4 hours a month volunteer commitment - (We rely on member artist volunteers to help carry out the various activities of the gallery).|
Annual fee: $120*
|Exhibiting Artist - No Volunteer Time||Annual fee: $360*|
|Supporting Member||Annual fee: $100|
|SFWA Patron||Become a SFWA Patron with a minimum annual contribution of $100 and you will receive a free membership in the National Association of Reciprocal Museums (NARM). Click here to join us in our commitment to support Bay Area Women Artists.|
* Annual dues amounts are effective January 1. Dues are pro-rated down by calendar quarter.