Becoming a Member
Engaging over 300 local women artists each year, SFWA features contemporary art and 3-D art created by SFWA artists. In addition, the SFWA Artist Salon offers all members the opportunity to rent Salon wall space to showcase their art. The Artist Salon is a wonderful venue to highlight your work and to invite family and friends for a reception event.
SFWA is supported in part by SFWA artist members, gallery sales & program activities; individual donations and by grants from San Francisco Arts Commission: SF Grants for the Arts, Neighborhood Arts Collaborative, and Voluntary Arts Contribution Fund.
Membership Benefits for Artists
- Gallery Exhibits: Members are eligible to submit artwork for juried monthly shows
- 3-D Collection: Ceramics, sculpture, jewelry, cards, unframed artwork
- Exhibit in a new and attractive gallery setting that offers visibility and the abundant foot traffic of San Francisco’s vibrant Inner Sunset at 8th and Irving
- Affordable Artist Salon wall rentals and gallery space are available for individual and group shows
- Marketing & Public Relations support – Promotional materials created and distributed monthly for Opening Show Receptions/Exhibitions, and promoted on social media platforms
- Artwork and craft images displayed on SFWA website
- Opportunity to have juried image selected for monthly SFWA publicity postcard
- SFWA artist resume and art images included in SFWA Artists Book
- Opportunities to learn the gallery business; Sales and Public Relations mentoring offered
- Networking – connect with emerging and established member artists
- Receive all informational updates and mailings
- Eligible to participate in organization governance by voting in elections for Board membership
- All dues and donations are tax deductable
- Membership in the National Association of Reciprocal Museums (NARM) offering free admission to hundreds of museums nationwide
|Exhibiting Artist - Volunteer Time||Requires 4 hours a month volunteer commitment - ( Member artist volunteers carry out the various activities of the gallery).
Annual fee: $120*
|Exhibiting Artist - No Volunteer Time||Annual fee: $360*|
|*Support SF Women Artists
|SFWA is grateful for your donation in any amount and is deeply appreciative of all contributions that will help support our programs.
Become a SFWA Patron with a minimum annual contribution of $150 and you will receive a free membership in the National Association of Reciprocal Museums (NARM). Click here to join us in our commitment to support Bay Area Women Artists.
* Annual dues amounts are effective January 1. Applications taken after July 1 are charged $60 for the remainder of the year.