Become a Member of San Francisco Women Artists Community
Applications for New Membership are Invited
San Francisco Women Artists, (SFWA) a historic nonprofit arts organization, continues to support and promote Bay Area artists by providing opportunities to professionally exhibit and sell their work, and offers an inviting space for the community to experience art. SFWA welcomes all Bay Area artists and remains firmly committed to promoting equity in the arts for all people
Your membership in SFWA brings you into its active and supportive art community, exhibits and sells your work in monthly themed shows showcasing juried art, holds events for networking, presents workshops, and also offers affordable wall space rental for individual shows of multiple works. The SFWA Gallery, located in the City’s vibrant Inner Sunset, is open 6 days a week and employs a full-time Gallery Director, features contemporary art, jewelry, ceramics and glass art. Your membership also affords you the opportunity to volunteer, gaining experience and knowledge in gallery operations, a variety of contemporary art mediums, and art sales techniques.
Scholarships are available to art students, and artists in need. Please contact the gallery for information.
Membership Benefits for Artists
- Gallery Exhibits: Members are eligible to submit artwork for monthly themed juried shows
- 3-D Collection: Ceramics, jewelry, glass art, cards, unframed artwork
- Exhibit in a new and attractive gallery setting that offers visibility and the abundant foot traffic of San Francisco’s vibrant Inner Sunset at 8th and Irving
- Affordable Artist Salon wall rentals and gallery space are available for individual and group shows -The Artist Salon is a wonderful venue to highlight your work and to invite family, friends, and colleagues for a reception event
- Marketing & Public Relations support – Promotional materials created and distributed monthly for Opening Show Receptions/Exhibitions, and promoted on social media platforms
- Artwork and craft images displayed on SFWA website
- Opportunity to have juried image selected for monthly SFWA publicity postcard
- SFWA artist resume and art images included in SFWA Artists Book
- Opportunities to learn the gallery activities
- Networking – connect with emerging and established member artists
- Receive all informational updates and mailings
- Eligible to participate in organization governance by voting in elections for Board membership
- All dues and donations are tax deductable
- Membership in the National Association of Reciprocal Museums (NARM) offering free admission to hundreds of museums nationwide
- Membership fees are not refundable.
|Exhibiting Artist – Volunteer Time||Requires 4 hours a month volunteer commitment – ( Member artist volunteers carry out the various activities of the gallery).
Annual fee: $135*
|Exhibiting Artist – No Volunteer Time||Annual fee: $360*|
|— Support SF Women Artists
|SFWA is grateful for your donation in any amount and is deeply appreciative of all contributions that will help support our programs.
* Annual dues amounts are effective January 1. Applications taken between July 1 and the end of the year are pro-rated to $68 for Volunteering members and $180 for those with No Volunteer time.