Open to all Bay Area Artists: April Gallery Show
“Season of Abundance”
Submissions: MAY 11 – JUNE 1
Gallery Exhibit: JULY 9 – AUGUST 3
San Francisco Women Artists (SFWA) invites all Bay Area artists (male and female) to submit work for this juried gallery exhibition. The theme for this show is “Season of Abundance” – encompasses all things fresh, verdant, voluminous, lush, growing, and the broader arena of new born ideas planting the seeds for change.
Juror: Saxon Holt, Photography Program Director, San Francisco Botanical Garden, Owner, PhotoBotanic.com
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 6/1/19.
No work submitted after this date will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
- ACCEPTANCE* NOTIFICATION DATE: 6/7/19.
- ARTWORK RECEIVING DATES: Saturday, July 6 , from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM or Sunday, July 7, from 9:00 to 11:00 AM
- EXHIBITION DATES: Tuesday, July 9 through Saturday, August 3
- OPENING RECEPTION DATE: Thursday, July 11th, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
- FEES: Entry fee is $45 for up to 3 entries. SFWA Members may use the member fee of $30 for up to 3 entries – you will receive your Member Discount code via email. Use the code you have been sent after logging in. Learn more about becoming an SFWA member here. Entries are not refundable. Fees must be paid online at time of submission. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
- ART SIZE: Maximum width for show submissions is 50 inches, INCLUDING FRAME. *Contact the gallery to request an exception for the width limit.
- HANGING REQUIREMENT: All artwork must be ready to install with hanging wire. Note: any work that requires special installation (i.e. wood or metal prints) must have gallery approval in advance. Hanging Instructions. Presentation Checklist.
- ARTWORK: SFWA cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to art that is vulnerable or fragile (i.e. unprotected photographs; prints on metal, wood or acrylic; or, other specialty art.)
- PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. Here are three helpful links for setting prices: ArtBusiness.com, Xanadu Gallery podcast on pricing and ArtistDaily.com
- Sales commission is 35%. Artists receive 65% for sold artwork.
* IMPORTANT: Acceptance by the juror does not guarantee acceptance by the gallery. Please be sure to read the HANGING INSTRUCTIONS and the PRESENTATION CHECKLIST before bringing art to the gallery. Works not gallery-ready, that differ significantly from entry images, suffer substandard presentation, or are replicas of the original artwork will be disqualified.
About SFWA: Each month, SFWA presents a juried exhibition that brings a new collection of work to the Gallery, featuring contemporary art, including a rich variety of ceramics, sculpture, and jewelry created by local artists