Open Call for Entries: October Gallery Exhibition
Note: This is one of 2 competitions for “Vibrant Vision”, click here for the: SFWA Art Banners.
Submissions: JULY 1 – SEPTEMBER 1
Gallery Exhibit: OCTOBER 9 – NOVEMBER 10
SFWA is pleased to invite all Bay Area artists (all genders welcome) to submit works based on their palette of favorite colors. Funded through SF Grants for the Arts, the VIBRANT VISION exhibition will provide local artists an exciting opportunity to showcase their work in SFWA’s spacious gallery located in the vibrant Inner Sunset. We hope that the theme “Vibrant Vision” inspires you to create and submit 2D work that reflects a spectrum of radiant color.
Juror: Matt McKinley, Curator and Art Consultant, McKinley Art Solutions
Juror’s Award: A $150 check will be presented to the three artists who receive the “Juror’s Choice” selections.
- FEES: Entry fee is $45 for up to 3 entries. SFWA Members may use the member fee of $30 for up to 3 entries. Learn more about becoming an SFWA member here. Fees must be paid online at time of submission and are non-refundable. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
- ART SIZE: Maximum width for show submissions is 50 inches, INCLUDING FRAME. *Contact the gallery to request an exception for the width limit.
- HANGING REQUIREMENT: All artwork must be ready to install with hanging wire. Note: any work that requires special installation (i.e. wood or metal prints) must have gallery approval in advance. Hanging Instructions. Presentation Checklist.
- ARTWORK: SFWA cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to art that is vulnerable or fragile (i.e. unprotected photographs; prints on metal, wood or acrylic; or, other specialty art.)
- PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. Here are three helpful links for setting prices: ArtBusiness.com, Xanadu Gallery podcast on pricing and ArtistDaily.com
- Sales commission is 35%. Artists receive 65% for sold artwork.
- SFWA Gallery reserves the option to offer clients a 10% discount on any exhibition artwork.
- SUBMISSION DATES: 7/1/18 – 9/1/18.
No work submitted outside of that period will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
- ACCEPTANCE* NOTIFICATION DATE: September 7, 2018.
- RECEIVING DATES: Saturday, October 6, from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM or Sunday, October 7, from 9:00 to 11:00 AM
- EXHIBITION DATES: Tuesday, October 9 through midday of Saturday, November 10
- OPENING RECEPTION DATE: Thursday, October 11, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
* IMPORTANT: Acceptance by the juror does not guarantee acceptance by the gallery. Please be sure to read the HANGING INSTRUCTIONS and the PRESENTATION CHECKLIST before bringing art to the gallery. Works not gallery-ready, that differ significantly from entry images, suffer substandard presentation, or are replicas of the original artwork will be disqualified.
About SFWA: Each month, SFWA presents a juried exhibition that brings a new collection of work to the Gallery, featuring contemporary art, including a rich variety of ceramics, sculpture, and jewelry created by local artists.