Open to all Bay Area Artists: May Salon Show
“World Collage Day”
Entry Deadline: APRIL 11
Show: MAY 5 – MAY 30
San Francisco Women Artists (SFWA) welcomes Bay Area artists of all genders to submit work for this juried exhibition. The theme for this show is “WORLD COLLAGE DAY” – The word “collage” is derived from the term “to glue” and is a technique of composing a work of art by pasting/peeling on a single surface various materials that are not normally associated with one another, creating a unified whole. SFWA joins International World Collage Day to celebrate an
art medium that excels at bringing different elements together to create new forms and new ways of thinking.
Juror: Lorna Stevens, Artist
- SUBMISSIONS: 3/7 – 4/11/20
No work submitted after this date will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
- ACCEPTANCE* NOTIFICATION: by Friday, April 17
- ARTWORK DROPOFF: Art MUST be dropped of on Saturday, May 2nd, between 11:00 and 5:00; or Sunday May 3rd, between 9:00 and 11:00 AM
- EXHIBITION: Tuesday, May 5th – Saturday, May 30th
- OPENING RECEPTION: Thursday, May 7th, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
- FEES: Entry fee is $45 for up to 3 entries. SFWA Members may use the member fee of $30 for up to 3 entries – you will receive your Member Discount code via email. Use the code you have been sent after logging in. Learn more about becoming an SFWA member here. Entries are not refundable. Fees must be paid online at time of submission. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
ART SIZE: Maximum width for show submissions is 50 inches, INCLUDING FRAME. *Contact the gallery to request an exception for the width limit.
HANGING REQUIREMENT: All artwork must be ready to install with hanging wire. The wire must be low enough to be hung without the hanging hook showing above the frame, and just loose enough for the wire to be pulled over the hook. Note: any work that requires special installation (i.e. wood or metal prints) must have gallery approval in advance. Please review the Hanging Instructions and the Wall Art Receiving Check List
ARTWORK: SFWA cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to art that is vulnerable or fragile (i.e. unprotected photographs; prints on metal, wood or acrylic; or other specialty art.)
PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. Here are three helpful links for setting prices: ArtBusiness.com, Xanadu Gallery podcast on pricing and ArtistDaily.com Suggested best price range: $385 – $3,200
Note: Once the Submission Deadline has passed, you will not be able to adjust artwork title, medium, or price by contacting SFWA. Give yourself time to think it through, or get advice, especially on the price, before the deadline. If your normal medium is not listed, please let us know and we will add it in as a category.
*For complex or special art processes: Use the ‘Notes’ section in Smarter Entry to describe unusual or complex process, techniques, or materials used in your artwork. This aids the gallery staff in discussing and selling your work. Mixed media and encaustic artworks, for example, may benefit from more description of their process.
* IMPORTANT: Acceptance by the juror does not guarantee acceptance by the gallery. Please be sure to read the HANGING INSTRUCTIONS and the Wall Art Receiving Check List before bringing art to the gallery.