Open Call for Entries: April Gallery Show
Deadline: FEBRUARY 25th
Show: APRIL 4 – MAY 6
SFWA Gallery invites Bay Area artists (men & women) to submit up to 3 entries to our May Gallery Exhibit. All 2D mediums are welcome except video.
SFWA is an historic nonprofit membership arts organization that continues to support and promote Bay Area artists. Each month it presents a juried show, featuring regional fine art in SFWA’s spacious gallery at Irving & 8th in San Francisco’s vibrant Inner Sunset.
All accepted work will need to be brought to the gallery at 647 Irving Street, San Francisco on Saturday, April 1st or 2nd as outlined below.
- FEES: Entry fee is $45 for up to 3 entries. SFWA Members may use the member fee of $30 for up to 3 entries by inserting the discount code when logging in. Learn more about becoming an SFWA member here. Entries are not refundable. Fees must be paid online at time of submission. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
- ART SIZE: Maximum width for show submissions is 36 inches, INCLUDING FRAME.
- PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. Here are three helpful links for setting prices: ArtBusiness.com, Xanadu Gallery podcast on pricing and ArtistDaily.com
- JUROR: Kevin Chen, Curator, writer, visual artist, Link
- SUBMISSION DATES: 1/16/17 – 2/25/17.
No work submitted outside of that period will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
- ACCEPTANCE* NOTIFICATION DATE: by 3/07/17.
- RECEIVING DATES: Saturday, April 1, from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM or Sunday, April 2, from 9:00 to 11:00 AM
- EXHIBITION DATES: Tuesday, April 4th through Saturday, May 6th
- OPENING RECEPTION DATE: Thursday, April 6th, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
* IMPORTANT: ACCEPTANCE BY THE JUROR DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE BY THE GALLERY – YOUR ARTWORK MUST ADHERE TO PRESENTATION GUIDELINES REGARDING FRAMING, WIRE ATTACHMENT, TAPING, EDGES, ETC. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ AND FOLLOW THE HANGING INSTRUCTIONS AND THE PRESENTATION CHECKLIST BEFORE BRINGING YOUR ART TO THE GALLERY.