Call for Entries: December Gallery Exhibit
Entry Deadline: NOVEMBER 9 (Submissions will open on 10/13/18)
Exhibition Dates: DECEMBER 11 – JANUARY 5
SFWA members are invited to submit up to 6 entries to our December gallery show, Small Presents.
For this exhibit, you may submit one or two sets of 3 pieces each which will be judged as a set, not individually.
A ‘set’ must consist of 3 pieces similarly framed or of like dimensions, using a similar or related palate and medium, so that they may be hung together harmoniously in the gallery.
The juror will accept the full set of 3, or none of the components. While the artworks will be judged as a set, please note that they will be for sale individually, or may be purchased as a set as well.
All submitted artwork is not to exceed 15″ on the longest side, INCLUDING FRAME. All 2D mediums are welcome except video.
- FEES: Entry fee is $30 for the first set of three and $15 for the second. Fees must be paid online at time of submission. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
- ART SIZE: All entries must be no larger than 15″ on longest side, INCLUDING FRAME.
- HANGING REQUIREMENT: All artwork must be ready to install with hanging wire
. This is the gifting season! Be sure the back of your work looks giftworthy! Note: any work that requires special installation (i.e. wood or metal prints) must have gallery approval in advance. Hanging Instructions. Receiving Checklist of Requirements.
- ARTWORK: SFWA cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to art that is vulnerable or fragile (i.e. unprotected photographs; prints on metal, wood or acrylic; or other specialty art.)
- PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. Here are three helpful links for setting prices: ArtBusiness.com, Xanadu Gallery podcast on pricing and ArtistDaily.com Additionally, as this is the ‘holiday show’, consider pricing for gift-buying.
- JUROR: Shelley Barry, Art Consultant, Curator Slate Art
- SUBMISSION DATES: 10/13/18 – 11/9/18.
No work submitted outside of that period will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
- ACCEPTANCE* NOTIFICATION DATE: by 11/16/17.
- RECEIVING DATES: Saturday, December 8th between 4 and 6pm or Sunday, December 9th between 9 and 11am.
- EXHIBITION DATES: Tuesday, December 11th through Saturday, January 5th
- OPENING RECEPTION DATE: Thursday, December 13th, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
*For complex or special art processes: Use the ‘Notes’ section in Smarter Entry to describe unusual or complex process, techniques, or materials used in your artwork. This aids the gallery staff in discussing and selling your work. Mixed media and encaustic artworks, for example, may benefit from more description of their process.
* IMPORTANT: Acceptance by the juror does not guarantee acceptance by the gallery. Please be sure to read the HANGING INSTRUCTIONS and the RECEIVING CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS before bringing art to the gallery.