Call for Entries: March Gallery Show
Entry Deadline: FEBRUARY 3
Show: MARCH 6 – MARCH 31
SFWA members are invited to submit up to 3 entries to our February gallery show, Homage – Honoring Women’s History Month – be inspired by your favorite female artist, feminine icon or event; embrace and celebrate everything that comes with being feminine. All 2D mediums except video are welcome.
- FEES: Entry fee is $30 for up to 3 entries. Fees must be paid online at time of submission. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
- ART SIZE: Maximum width for show submissions is 50 inches, INCLUDING FRAME. *Contact the gallery to request an exception for the width limit.
- PREVIOUSLY EXHIBITED ARTWORK: Artists are welcome to submit artworks previously exhibited in the gallery after a period of six months.
- HANGING REQUIREMENT: All artwork must be ready to install with hanging wire. Note: any work that requires special installation (i.e. wood or metal prints) must have gallery approval in advance. Hanging Instructions. Wall Art Receiving Check List
- ARTWORK: SFWA cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to art that is vulnerable or fragile (i.e. unprotected photographs; prints on metal, wood or acrylic; or other specialty art.)
- PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. Here are three helpful links for setting prices: ArtBusiness.com, Xanadu Gallery podcast on pricing and ArtistDaily.com
- JUROR: Priscilla Otani, Artist and co-founder Arc Studios & Gallery
- SUBMISSION DATES: 1/13/18 – 2/3/18.
No work submitted outside of that period will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
- ACCEPTANCE* NOTIFICATION DATE: by 2/9/18.
- RECEIVING DATES: Saturday, March 3, from 3:00 – 5:00; or Sunday, March 4, from 9:00 – 11:00 AM
- EXHIBITION DATES: March 6 – March 31
- OPENING RECEPTION DATE: Thursday, March 8, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
*For complex or special art processes: Use the ‘Notes’ section in Smarter Entry to describe unusual or complex process, techniques, or materials used in your artwork. This aids the gallery staff in discussing and selling your work. Mixed media and encaustic artworks, for example, may benefit from more description of their process.
* IMPORTANT: Acceptance by the juror does not guarantee acceptance by the gallery. Please be sure to read the HANGING INSTRUCTIONS and the Wall Art Receiving Check List before bringing art to the gallery.