Open Call for Entries – Artists’ Choice 2020
“BAY AREA ARTISTS’ CHOICE”
Entry Deadline: AUGUST 29
Show: SEPTEMBER 29 – OCTOBER 30
San Francisco Women Artists (SFWA) welcomes Bay Area artists of all genders to submit work for this juried exhibition. The theme for this show is “ARTISTS’ CHOICE 2020″ – pick your favorite and best work – any subject matter. Both 2D & 3D/mixed media works are welcomed for submission to this show.
Requirements for 3D artwork:
- Standing sculpture must have a flat base & fit securely onto a 16×16″ pedestal base.
- No free-standing sculpture
- Fragile or unstable pieces will not be accepted at gallery receiving
Juror: Irene H. Feiks, Founder and CEO of Chillin Productions and Wonderland SF
- SUBMISSION DATES: 8/8/2020 – 8/29/2020.
No work submitted after this date will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
- ACCEPTANCE* NOTIFICATION DATE: by Friday, August 14th
- ARTWORK RECEIVING DATES: Friday, September 25th, 11:30 – 3:00 or Saturday, September 26th, 11:30 – 3:00
- EXHIBITION DATES: Tuesday, September 29th – October 30th
- FEES: Entry fee is $45 for up to 3 entries. SFWA Members may use the member fee of $30 for up to 3 entries – you will receive your Member Discount code via email. Use the code you have been sent after logging in. Learn more about becoming an SFWA member here. Entries are not refundable. Fees must be paid online at time of submission. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
ART SIZE: Maximum width for show submissions is 50 inches, INCLUDING FRAME. *Contact the gallery to request an exception for the width limit.
HANGING REQUIREMENT: All artwork must be ready to install with hanging wire. The wire must be low enough to be hung without the hanging hook showing above the frame, and just loose enough for the wire to be pulled over the hook. Note: any work that requires special installation (i.e. wood or metal prints) must have gallery approval in advance. Please review the Hanging Instructions and the Wall Art Receiving Check List
ARTWORK LIABILITY: SFWA cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to art that is vulnerable or fragile (i.e. unprotected photographs; prints on metal, wood or acrylic; other specialty art; or 3D works.) SFWA does not insure for damage or theft to any works at the SFWA Gallery.
PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. Here are three helpful links for setting prices: ArtBusiness.com, Xanadu Gallery podcast on pricing and ArtistDaily.com Suggested best price range: $385 – $3,200
Note: Once the Submission Deadline has passed, you will not be able to adjust artwork title, medium, or price by contacting SFWA. Give yourself time to think it through, or get advice, especially on the price, before the deadline. If your normal medium is not listed, please let us know and we will add it in as a category.
*For complex or special art processes: Use the ‘Notes’ section in Smarter Entry to describe unusual or complex process, techniques, or materials used in your artwork. This aids the gallery staff in discussing and selling your work. Mixed media and encaustic artworks, for example, may benefit from more description of their process.
* IMPORTANT: Acceptance by the juror does not guarantee acceptance by the gallery. Please be sure to read the HANGING INSTRUCTIONS and the Wall Art Receiving Check List before bringing art to the gallery.