Open to all Bay Area Artists: September Gallery Show
“GAIA – Age of Climate Change”
Submission Deadline: AUGUST 4
Gallery Exhibit: SEPTEMBER 11 – OCTOBER 6
SFWA is soliciting artwork from all Bay Area artists that reflects and celebrates the thesis that the earth (Gaia) is a living system and that we human beings must become critically aware of our role in Gaia’s health and safety. The daunting challenges of climate change, requires our increased awareness, imagination, and creativity.
We look forward to your interpretations of Gaia in her myriad forms. SFWA seeks submissions of 2D artwork in all media except textiles.
Our historic arts organization is honored to be selected as a partner with September’s SF International 2018 Global Climate Action Summit by hosting this affiliate event exhibition; and we gratefully thank the California Academy of Sciences for their support.
JUROR: Kim Anno, Artist, Activist, and filmmaker whose paintings have been exhibited and collected by museums nationally and internationally.
- FEES: Entry fee is $45 for up to 3 entries. SFWA Members may use the member fee of $30 for up to 3 entries – you will receive your Member Discount code via email. Use the code you have been sent after logging in. Learn more about becoming an SFWA member here. Entries are not refundable. Fees must be paid online at time of submission. Fee payment does not guarantee that any/all artworks submitted for jurying will be included in this exhibition.
- ART SIZE: Maximum width for show submissions is 50 inches, INCLUDING FRAME. *Contact the gallery to request an exception for the width limit.
- HANGING REQUIREMENT: All artwork must be ready to install with hanging wire. Note: any work that requires special installation (i.e. wood or metal prints) must have gallery approval in advance. Hanging Instructions. Presentation Checklist.
- ARTWORK: SFWA cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to art that is vulnerable or fragile (i.e. unprotected photographs; prints on metal, wood or acrylic; or, other specialty art.)
- PRICING: It is important to price your artwork appropriately; prices that are too high or too low impact the credibility of our gallery and the artist. Here are three helpful links for setting prices: ArtBusiness.com, Xanadu Gallery podcast on pricing and ArtistDaily.com
- Sales commission is 35%. Artists receive 65% for sold artwork.
- SFWA Gallery reserves the option to offer clients a 10% discount on any exhibition artwork.
- SUBMISSION DATES: 6/18/18 – 8/4/18.
No work submitted outside of that period will be considered.
All submissions must be done online.
- ACCEPTANCE* NOTIFICATION DATE: August 10, 2018.
- RECEIVING DATES: Saturday, September 8, from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM or Sunday, September 9, from 9:00 to 11:00 AM
- EXHIBITION DATES: Tuesday, September 11 through Saturday, October 6
- OPENING RECEPTION DATE: Thursday, September 13, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
* IMPORTANT: Acceptance by the juror does not guarantee acceptance by the gallery. Please be sure to read the HANGING INSTRUCTIONS and the PRESENTATION CHECKLIST before bringing art to the gallery. Works not gallery-ready, that differ significantly from entry images, suffer substandard presentation, or are replicas of the original artwork will be disqualified.
About SFWA: Each month, SFWA presents a juried exhibition that brings a new collection of work to the Gallery, featuring contemporary art, including a rich variety of ceramics, sculpture, and jewelry created by local artists